Domestic Violence Intervention
Convergence Anger Management & Domestic Violence Intervention seeks interns for anger management and domestic violence groups to provide services to at-risk teens and adults. As group facilitator you will work with participants’ court ordered to attend intervention groups to help them recognize and take responsibility for their actions of anger-abusive and controlling behavior.
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Conducting intakes for new enrollments as needed
2. Make referrals to mental health or substance abuse programs
3. Monitor weekly assignments
4. Complete weekly reports submitted to probation, parole or courts
5. Communicate with probation and parole officers, social workers and other community referrals
• Associate’s , Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred in Social Worker, Psychology, Counseling , school counselor or related field experience working with adolescents and adults in a therapeutic capacity
• Associate’s level student will not facilitate groups. Associates students will help assist bachelor and master level group facilitators during group
• Experience providing group and or individual therapeutic services with adolescents and /or adults
• Knowledge of group work, social casework and family dynamics.
• Knowledge of community resources and processes for referral and linkage
• Ability to effectively engage with and relate to diverse populations
• Demonstrated effective oral skills
• Demonstrated computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheets and use of email and the internet
• CFWI provides Saturday and Sunday groups.
• Must have valid photo identification or driver’s license and meet background check requirements